FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You’ve Got Questions - We’ve Got Answers
WHAT IS CAPITAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT'S PURPOSE?
CPM has two functions. The first is as property management for clients who own property. The second is as a go between for the owner and their resident(s).
DOES CPM ACCEPT HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS?
CPM believes in helping our tenants to the best of our ability so we do accept Maine assistance programs. All applicants are required to still meet rental eligibility and requirements.
WHAT IS RENTER'S INSURANCE AND WHY IS IT REQUIRED?
All tenants are required to have renter's insurance as specified below.
* Proof of insurance must be provided prior to move in date
* Minimum liability coverage required is $25k
ARE ANIMALS ALLOWED AND IS THERE AN ADDITIONAL COST?
CPM does allow pets on a case by case basis. Requirements and costs below.
* Cats - $25 a month per Cat
* Dogs - $40 a month per Dog
Dog breed restrictions:
* Although we have no breed restrictions, we reserve the right to deny any dog or cat based on staff observed disposition or a history of aggressive behavior.
* Some of our buildings may not have the suitable outdoor spaces for larger dogs. Acceptance of dogs to one of those buildings is on a case by case basis.
CAN ANOTHER PERSON, FRIEND, FAMILY MEMBER MOVE IN?
Yes, as long as the following procedure is followed.
* An application must be submitted for the new resident
* Any or all application fees must be paid in full
* Application must be approved
* Any additional rent must be paid
* The new tenant may not move in until the lease has been updated and all parties are added.
Can’t find the answer you were looking for? Let us know and we’ll look into it.